How the family care team can
- Support for carers and children.
- Listening to our patients, their stories and exploring feelings. Listening and reflecting on your life story, thoughts and feelings.
- Meeting to discuss a patient’s discharge and identify ongoing needs answer questions (within current Covid19 restrictions).
- Assessing any ongoing Social and NHS healthcare needs or for funding for and care outside of the hospice on discharge.
- Explaining medication at home.
- Providing guidance and support with medications for you to take home.
- Finding an appropriate care home if needed.
- Making contact with your Spiritual contact or one of our volunteer chaplains.
- Providing Spiritual support and contacting a volunteer chaplain.
- Guidance and support with finances, legal issues, grants and benefits and advanced care planning for the future.
- Making contacts with loved ones via video links if they can’t visit the hospice.
- Organising a video link between patients and loved ones that cannot visit.
We also meet regularly with other members of the multi-disciplinary team to make sure our patients receive holistic support.
We are available throughout the day Monday to Friday but we try to be as flexible as possible so we’re there for you.
We can be contacted at the Hospice via reception on 01924 331 400. If we are not available, please leave a message with reception or the ward team.
You can also email us with general enquiries via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond as soon as possible.
Please note that the email address is for general enquries only and we cannot discuss inforamation relating to patients or their loved ones over email.